Camping Supply Checklist
1. Tent with stakes, rain fly and ground cloth/tarp
2. Sleeping bag
4. Soft ground pad or thick blanket (especially for adults!)
5. Dedicated sleeping clothes (sock hat for head in cold weather)
6. 2 changes of clothes
7. Rain coat or rain suit/poncho
8. Flashlight with spare batteries
9. Toothbrush and toothpaste
10. Personal toiletries including soap, shampoo and comb/brush
12. Bug spray/wipes and sunscreen
13. Towel and washcloth
14. Folding chair (optional)
15. Water bottle(*Pack can supply about 12)
16. Electric Lamp for the tent (optional) – no flames in or around tents!
17. Mess kit…although not required.
18. Close toed shoes required.
19. Class B T-Shirt and Class A Uniform
***We are gearing up for our camp-out. Please make sure you have the above items to make your camp-out as enjoyable as possible. Leaders will provide the cooking (Webelos may be asked to prepare a meal) and we will have a schedule of activities for the scouts. More details will follow as time approaches. Parents are asked to attend with their boys. This is family camping and siblings are welcome.
For weekend camping,plan to leave on Friday and set up your tent(s) at our destination. It is generally expected that children will sleep in the tent with their parents and BSA rules state that children cannot sleep in a tent with unrelated adults. In this case, a separate tent for the boys will be needed (and we can help). Often you will have the option of arriving on Friday and either spending the night camping or “day tripping” (Saturday) without camping. We usually try to get up early Sunday morning, pack and leave soon after a light breakfast so that families can have time to recharge for the coming week.
Unless otherwise noted, food and utensils/cups will be purchased by the Pack as part of the costs for the weekend. If you have a mess kit available, please bring it to use. We usually set up a centralized kitchen in the campsite where we prepare our food. Some of us have experience in camp cooking and it is usually a sight to behold as we prepare fun and nutritious meals for the whole family. We guarantee you will not go hungry when camping with Pack 3141!
*Any questions should be directed to Kristy Nevins (Charter Organization Representative):