Get Ready To Race
Wednesday January 22, 6:30pm - 8:00 PM
Location: ST. GREGORY'S CHURCH
815 Wilmot Road, Deerfield, IL 60015
WHAT TO BRING
Bring your checkbook. Pinewood registration night is the night when you pay your dues for the upcoming scout year. You are required to pay dues when registering your car. Checks only - $100 made out to Cub Scout Pack 50. (Webelos 2nd year fees are $50 since they leave our Pack after Blue and Gold in February. This will keep their Scouting registration active as they transfer to Boy Scouts)
Bring Your Car. All cars must be registered and impounded on Wednesday night to be eligible to race and receive awards. Scouts need not be present during Wednesday registration, but must attend the race on Friday.
Friends & Family Races: All race rules apply to cars entered in the Friends and Family races. Race will take place on Wednesday at check-in. There is no registration fee. Don't have a Car Kit yet or need to purchase extra kits? Contact Maggie Nodland. All registered scouts get 1 FREE Car Kit. Additional car kits are available for purchase @ $5.00/car. Other CAR KIT Retailers: Scout Shop, Ace Hardware, Craftwood Lumber.
Follow the rules!!!Pay particular attention to the rules, a complete rule sheet is attached, but here are some key ones:Please print and read the full rules to keep our check-in night fast and easy, and to prevent your car from getting eliminated! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
- No more than 2 3/4 inches wide, 7 inches long, 5 1/4 inches high.
- Weight not to exceed 5 ounces. The post office has a self-service machine in the lobby (open 24 hours) that you can use for weighing. If you want to add extra weight during check-in you must bring your own.
- Use BSA approved wheels and axles that came in your pinewood kit.
- The front of the car may not have slots to improve the starting position of the car. The front edge of car must touch the starting pin in the center of the track.
- All four-axle points must be visible within the axle grooves.
- Dry graphite is the only lubrication allowed on wheels and axles
- The bottom of the car must clear the raised lane keeper on the track. A 3/8 inch clearance is required. If you add weights to the bottom of the car you should recess them.
- The wheel track (measured between the inside edges of the wheels) must be at least 1 3/4 inches to clear the width of the raised lane keeper.
FRIDAY, JANUARY, 24TH AT 6:30 PM
Location: WILMOT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
795 Wilmot Rd, Deerfield, IL 60015
HOW TO WIN
- Receive a Trophy for being one of the three fastest cars in each den
- Receive a Trophy in one of the following categories:
Craftsmanship/Quality of Work